Life at a United World College in India

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Victoria

Now, more than ever, I have started to realize that while all my concentration seems to be busy dreaming about India, my days here in this beautiful city that I've grown to love this last year with all the beautiful people it holds are numbered. Sometimes I feel like I need to be reminded that I probably don't understand yet how much I will miss Victoria. Once September comes around and all my old friends will be back at Esquimalt High, life in those white-gray halls will continue, but without me in it. I'll miss the blossom trees that line that one street on my way to school that sprinkle the side walk with pink and our neighborhood cat Pumpkin sitting in a sunbeam as I leave for my Monday morning runs. I'll miss walking around Swan Lake and being swaddled by the sound of Canada Geese honking and a thick fog hanging over the Lochside Trail. I'll miss scarves. A lot. I'll miss the familiar mannerisms of my friends and finding mutual solace in the fact that I'm not the only one who doesn't have a clue what days Juego tests are. I'll miss biking along Blanshard and passing lamp posts where I've waited and coffee shops where I've laughed and side streets that I've jay walked and buildings that have always paid witness to my hair growing and my mind wondering. I'll miss sitting along the gorge with close ones eating bakery bread and talking about tomorrow. I'll miss being able to talk about tomorrow with those people, because soon our tomorrow's won't have anything in common. I'll miss this beautiful place filled with beautiful people and every day I grow to love it just a little bit more ... "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.".

No comments:

Post a Comment