Life at a United World College in India

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beautiful last days

This weekend has been perfect. I feel complete. I can't imagine a better way to spend my last days here. Whatever Victoria means to me, this weekend captured it. Sunshine and kitchens filled with spices and orange couches and cats on rooftops and old friends and new friends.

Saturday night I went swing dancing. Somewhere between the beautiful improvisation, strangers asking you to dance and getting jammed I remembered that maybe I want to travel to understand why I want to stay for nights like that, like I once read. Nights like those.

Today I got together with a big group of good friends to have a afternoon filled with farewells. We listened to live music, jumped in the ocean on a whim and dried our ocean-drenched-sun-drenched hair hair sitting on the beach building things out of the rocks and talking. Afterwards I biked with a friend around town getting ingredients for pesto before going over to her house and making a wonderful dinner with salad from the garden and chai tea and the sunset in her front yard.

Biked home with the sounds of fireworks in the distance with the celebrations coming to an end in the city and orange being chased by darker and darker blue in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment